Friday, March 18, 2005

Iraq War for Oil

We went to war in Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction, right? No, it was to bring Democracy to the Middle East. Before the war started a bunch of leftwingnuts thought we went to war for oil. Oh no! They were correct. You won't read or hear about it in the USA, but BBC and reporter Greg Palast have proven that plans for use of Iraqi oil were in place well before the bombing of Iraq began. Copies of official documents can be found here. This just blows me over. Our president and his administration can tell lie after lie after lie every day and is never called to account for it. Questioning any possible lie would be unpatriotic and maybe treasonous. After all, we were long ago told to "watch what we say". Well I say those that don't question this president are the unpatriotic and treasonous ones. I'm sick and tired of lies being told to 'defend' our country. I don't want people being held forever, with no charges, in my name. I don't want people being sent to Egypt or Syria to be tortured using my tax dollars. Hard to believe this president is the 'Christian' president.

No comments: