The attunement process is one of spirit. Reiki symbols and gestures are used to create an energy pattern around the attunee. The attunement can be permanent or temporary depending on whether the Reiki "Master" uses the symbol for the subconscious or not. So here it is:
- Reiki Master "grounds and centers" themselves. They then tell the attunee how to "ground and center themselves.
- Master walks around the attunee in one full circle and then stands behind them because one part of the "ceremony" is done behind the attunee [probably cuz the master is laughing their ass off] and part of the process takes place in front of the attunee.
- Hold left hand up to attunee because the left hand receives energy while the right hand gives energy [does it matter if you are left handed?]
- Right hand is used to draw symbols over head of the attunee.
- Take attunee's hands for a moment then draw symbol over the attunee's hands while silently chanting the symbol name three times.
- Visualize the master symbol in violet and lightly blow twice from the base chakra to the crown chakra [what if you are color blind?]
- Lightly touch the forehead (third eye).
- Draw the symbols over the forehead while chanting the names of the symbols 3 times.
- Gently separate the hands and visualize the master symbol again while blowing from the base to the crown.
- Visualize the master symbol in the palm of your right hand and hold it over the palm of the attunee's left hand.
- Lightly slap the your right palm into the attunee's left palm.
- Repeat 10 and 11 but switch hands.
- While visualizing the master symbol, blow into the area between their hands while bringing their palms together again.
- Give back their hands and gently touch them in the heart area, visualizing that you've given them back to themselves.
- Step back and bow honoring them for who they are.
You can get a free long-distance Reiki "healing" here. Let me know how it goes.
A note of caution:
Many times the practitioner must place their hands very near (or on) body parts most consider to be private (genitalia). As a system of treating the entire body one certainly would not want to leave such body parts out of treatment. At the same time there is matters of privacy to protect. Would you expect a doctor to not treat those areas simply out of a sense of privacy or embarassment? No!