Friday, May 04, 2007

Huckabee and Evolution



Mike Huckabee is running for President of the USA. He doesn't believe in the theory of evolution. I have no problem with the fact that he doesn't accept the theory of evolution. What I do have a problem with is that he hasn't the faintest idea what the theory of evolution says.
"I believe that there is a God and that he put the process in motion," Huckabee said.
It sure is tiring reminding right-wing fundamentalists that the theory of evolution does not address how the "process" was put into motion. It doesn't address the existence of God at all.

It would bother me a bit if our next President didn't accept the theory of evolution. But it would bother me a lot more if he didn't understand the theory. I also have to admit that I have a bit of a problem with a Southern Baptist minister who is best known for losing 100 lbs. of body weight being the next president.

No comments: