Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Work

Today was my first day of full-time work as a professor. Believe me, it pays much better than at the adjunct level. No students yet, that won't come til next Monday. My first lecture section will be on Wednesday with a class of 68 students. Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be spent in Malone. My prime goal is to teach students to think rationally, but I don't have high hopes in this regard. My life as a semi-retired individual has come to a close, at least for awhile. I'm going to miss my afternoon naps.

2 comments:

Sara said...

well i'm sure you can get a few of the 68 to think rationally, or at least i hope you can!

NorthCountryLiberal said...

Congratulations, PCS.

That's an most honorable occupation in some cultures, unfortunately you are now considered one of those "Communist elitists who brainwaxh our youth into hating God and the President" by many Americans.

I hope you have time for the blogs.