Wednesday, December 27, 2006

President Bush is Stressed

Op-Ed in todays Wash Post.
The stress of the job -- so well hidden for much of the past six years -- has begun to show on Bush's face. He often looks burdened, distracted, haunted by a question that has no good answer.
He got himself into a big global mess with "a question that has good answer." I don't feel sorry for Bush but I do feel sorry for our country. Bush made his bed and now he has to sleep in it and we and the rest of the world will suffer for years to come because of his pig-headedness.
"I believe that we're going to win," and then adding oddly, as if to reassure himself: "I believe that -- and by the way, if I didn't think that, I wouldn't have our troops there. That's what you've got to know. We're going to succeed."
Ok, great. Define success and tell us precisely how we are going to succeed.

No comments: