Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bush is The Decider: We get it already

Pres. Bush gave an 76 minute long speech in Lancaster today in which he assured his audience that he was the "Decision-maker". I'm not sure who he trying to convince that he is the decider.
I really appreciate the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce for giving me an opportunity to explain why I have made some of the decisions I have made. My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions. And it's important for me to have an opportunity to speak to you and others who would be listening about the basis on which I have made decisions, to explain the philosophy behind some of the decisions I have made. And so I'm looking forward to your questions, and I thank you for giving me the opportunity to come and share them with you.
Bush also used the opportunity to brag about being an average student in college. Being the decider he gets to tell those smart-ass, liberal, commie Phd's what to do.
"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, `Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, `This is what we're going to do.' And it's `Yes, sir, Mr. President.' And then we get after it, implement policy."

He also uses the opportunity to explain why he vetoed the S-CHIP legislation....using misinformation.
It is estimated by -- here's the thing, just so you know, this program expands coverage, federal coverage up to families earning $83,000 a year. That doesn't sound poor to me. The intent of the program was to focus on poor children, not adults or families earning up to $83,000 a year.

No comments: