Thursday, January 03, 2008

It's Obama and Huckabee in Iowa

I called it. At least in my own mind. I was pretty sure Huckabee would win and I was really hoping that Obama would win. Obama took 37% of the vote with Edwards and Clinton basically tying with 29% (Edwards a few tenths of a point ahead of Clinton). The number of Democrats that turned out to caucus was almost twice what it was in 2004. Democrats are on the move.

Huckabee took 34% of the vote with Romney at 25%. I doubt Huckabee will get much further in the race. The establishment wants Romney. So the race is on.

2 comments:

Slope Opera said...

Hey, how about an Obama party at our house? Would you come? Do you know other "FOO's" around the area?

PCS said...

Yes I would come. As your neighbor it is only a short hike through the woods. I can't say I know many other Obama supporters in the area but I can find out at the next Essex County Democrats meeting.