Sunday, January 06, 2008

Should Bush Be Impeached?

George McGovern explains "Why I Believe Bush Must Go" in todays NY Times. Actually, why he believes Bush must be impeached is more accurate.

McGovern lays out his reasoning very clearly. Reading McGovern's op-ed reminds us of all the misdeeds done by our President. It's hard to argue that Bush doesn't deserve to be impeached. But at this point I just want him to go away. Just go back to doing whatever it was Bush did before he was President. Go clear some brush since that is what Republican Presidents seem to love doing so much. Also, I think you can make the argument that the American people are as guilty as G.W. Bush as we stood by and let him do as he wished to "protect" us from the terrorists.

McGovern points out a quote from Thomas Jefferson that will provide the hope of justice to come to some. "Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just....". George Bush claims to be a "born again" believer. If that is the case he surely has need to tremble.

No comments: