Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What a Day

Up and at em early because I was anxious to see the primary results. I was glad to see how well Obama did (and Mike Huckabee). Checked to see where my new laptop was in the delivery system and was surprised to see that my order had been deleted. Spent an hour on the phone talking about it with three different "Easter" customer service reps. Finally, when they could not connect me with a supervisor I resorted to threats. I couldn't find an appropriate customer service email address but I did find one for media relations. A quick email describing my disappointment with the company, threats to report them to the NYS Attorney General's office for false advertising and additional threats to trash them all I can on my blog resulted in a return email very quickly. Everything was set right and a new Lenovo Y510 will be sent to me in 5 days....with an additional 10% discount because of my whining.

Now I will finally be mobile. I don't need alot of computing power. I need wireless capability to access the internet, word processing and powerpoint for my classes and room to hold my many thousands of photos. This laptop gives me all that and more. The dual core processor is only an Intel T2330 operating at 1.6 GHz, but it comes standard with 2 gigs of RAM and a 250 gig hard drive. It has an integrated 1.3 mp video camera, 3 usb ports, a firewire port, DVD, Dolby 4.1 speaker system (4 speakers), a memory card reader and a claimed battery life of 4 hrs. Not too bad for a laptop that will end up costing me about $450 after whining discount and mail in rebates. Oh yeah, I'm loading the freebee OpenOffice and Firefox for my main software.

Next I was off to give an Anatomy and Physiology lecture on the blood. I expected to cover the whole chapter but we got a bit bogged down in blood typing so I still have to cover white blood cells and clotting.

Then off to my credit union for a discussion of financials with the CEO. In case anyone has missed it recently, the financial world isn't doing so well.

Back to the college for a quick lunch then 3 hours on a library computer writing a lab quiz for Friday (about cardiac output and stroke volume) and the actual lab for Friday. Fridays labe is going to be on basic ECG interpretation. At 4PM I stopped in on a lab session to see how cat dissection was going on. Some girl snapped the tail off one poor kitty.

Home to do a little shoveling....we got about 7 inches of snow last night and today. Under the snow is glare ice. Then I cooked dinner for me and the wife and we went back out to shovel. After taking three pretty bad falls I decided the driveway could stay snow covered for awhile.

This is the first chance I've had to check out my usual favorite political blogs and friends blogs and make an entry in my own blog. Oh yeah, I had to redo some entries on the class pathology blog too (www.adkpathcourse.blogspot.com if you want to learn some basic pathology).

Now I'm going to sit down in my recliner and try to finish The Nine (about the Supreme Court - a fascinating book), if the rabbit will leave me alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man just reading this post tired me out.

My wife and I have our laptops, our Nikons and cellphone and we are good to go.

Sara said...

I think you need to start posting more photos of the rabbit, remember when you use to post one every friday? I miss those days!