Monday, February 04, 2008

Why I'm Voting for Obama

First, even if there was the slightest possibility that I would vote Republican...there just isn't a Republican candidate worth voting for this year. Eight years ago I was sympathetic to John McCain. But then he sold his soul to G.W. Bush so he could run for President. Also, I don't want us in Iraq for 100 years and I would prefer a strong economy.

I have several reasons for supporting Obama. 1) His name and race would show the rest of the World that the USA really is a melting pot of people with different backgrounds, ideas and opinions. 2) Unlike G.W. Bush, I believe Obama is sincere in wanting to operate government in a less partisan manner. This does not mean giving in to Republicans the way Congressional Democrats are currently doing so. It means true compromise. 3) Obama is an inspiring speaker (more so than Reagan)which is a major change from G.W. Bush. 4) Obama has a better chance of winning the Presidential race than does Clinton. He would attract more independents and more moderate Republicans. 5) I like the fact that he is willing to listen and talk with the heads of foreign governments, especially those governments that the USA has problems with (or they with us). 6) I think he has better judgement than Hillary Clinton.

Do I know what kind of President Obama will be? No. But I do know that if Hillary Clinton is elected we can expect at least 4 more years of Republican rage. Also, I'm not sure how well things would work out with both Hillary and Bill in the White House. If Hillary is elected President....the first thing I would recommend is that she appoint Bill to the first opening of the Supreme Court. That would get him out of her hair.

No comments: