Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some Weather in North Elba



At 13:10 it was 87 degrees hot. Twelve minutes later it is is 76.5 degrees and falling. Nice wind gust about 5 minutes ago. I went out on our deck to hear trees cracking and falling all over the place. As I turned around I stepped aside as the tip of a fifty footer hit the deck. It was only about 4 ft. of pretty thin tip but it would have smarted if it had hit me. Now I have fifty feet of tree to chainsaw. That's ok because I've been wanting to build a rustic staircase down to our "wetlands". Should be just enough timber for that job. Is a tornado going to hit us? I've never heard of one in the tri-Lakes area, but we did have that waterspout several years ago that ripped some of the roof of the N. Elba Town House off and did a fair bit of damage to a marina on Lake Flower. 13:28 and it is now 73.2 degrees cool, a 14 degree drop in 18 minutes. The wind has let up a bit, no rain but dark skies. 13:33 and 71.1 degrees.

UPDATE: 66 degrees at the Lake Clear airport.

No comments: