Thursday, September 04, 2008

Angry Conservatives

I think I've finally figured out why conservatives are so angry and have been angry at least since Ronald Reagan left office. It's because conservatives think the government should regulate morality - at least the conservative so-called family values. But at the same time conservatives supposedly want a smaller government. A government that minds its own business and keeps out of your business (except for what you do in your bedroom). Conservatives are so conflicted about these two contradictory stances that it drives them to give speeches ala Rudy Giulliani. Damn, he was almost as angry as old Zell Miller. What ever happened to old Zell anyhow?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A liberal in the North Country - Thanks God!!!

BTW, it doesn't bother me that the conservatives I talk to are conservative, it bothers me that they're irrational as in "heads I win tails you lose" as in "free markets are self policing and require no regulation, therefore it is the regulators fault when they melt down" as in "gov't handouts are the source of every problem except for my $500,000 in small business administration loans."

I could go on, but fear my head will explode...

Anonymous said...

PS - Science rules. :)