Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I'm Still Here

Last semester pretty much drained me of all energy. But I'm beginning to recuperate. Spring semester should not be so bad as I will be teaching courses that I've taught before. I must admit that I really didn't have much interesting to say....or at least decided not to say what interested me, if that makes sense. But I will be making more regular posts starting Jan. 14th if not sooner.

One thing I do want to discuss is a book my daughter gave me for Christmas. It's Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything". This book is extremely readable and I could not put it down. In fact, I'm going to read it again. It should be required reading for everyone.

2 comments:

Mauigirl said...

I love Bill Bryson's books. I think this one I don't have yet, will have to get it.

Hope your next semester goes well!

Sara said...

I LOVED his stories from a small island - have you read that yet? it's fabulous!