Friday, December 28, 2007

Are You Angry?

Prof. David Green writes a very instructive commentary at Common Dreams titled "You're Damn Right I'm Angry. Why Isn't Everybody?". In this article he explains precisely why he is an angry progressive. Then he asks, why isn't everyone just as angry? A very good question. Here are the last four paragraphs.
What an unbelievable record of deceit, destruction, hypocrisy, incompetence, treason and greed. What a tragic tale of debt, lost wars, stolen elections, environmental crises, Constitution shredding, national shame and diminished security.

All done by the very most pious amongst us, of course. Merry Christmas, eh? I guess those are our presents, all carefully wrapped in spin, contempt, and preemptive attacks on any of us impertinent enough to say “No thanks, Santa”.

So, yeah, you’re goddam right I’m angry about what’s been done to my country, and what’s been done by my country in my name.

How could anyone who claims to care about America not be?

No comments: