Thursday, January 24, 2008

2008 Ice Palace I



This years Ice Palace will feature a pyramid with a square turret or tower on either side of the pyramid. Two round towers will also be on either side but a bit further back. A back wall will finish off the palace.

Lot's of campmen working this morning. Notice people are wearing life prservers. The last place you want to be is in the icy water although the cold would probably kill you almost as fast as you could drown. But it can be a dangerous job. I don't believe anyone has ever been lost though. I'll post some close up pictures later, when the campmen have left the job. The CO's don't like people photographing the campmen.

2 comments:

Sara said...

looks like good progress so far!

TheGeneticGenealogist said...

Thanks for taking the pictures and posting them here! I look forward to seeing them every year. My wife and I are hoping to finally be able to take our son up to see it this year. He's almost 3, and I think he would get a kick out of it.