Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Still Reading Lots of Non-Fiction

I've finished reading Abusing Science by Philip Kitcher and Don't Believe Everything You Think by Thomas Kida. Still working my way through Snake Oil Science by R. Barker Bausell and Parasite Rex by Carl Zimmer. I was browsing through the library the other day and I found a copy of Evolution of Infectious Disease by Paul W. Ewald. I had dinner with Paul and his teenage son a couple of years ago. He is a fascinating scientist who isn't afraid of looking at things from a different perspective.

Don't worry about the effects of reading all that non-fiction. I read fiction before going to bed....at least one novel a week. Just re-read The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy last week. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I have a copy of The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court by Jeffery Toobin. Had to wait 4 weeks for my turn to read it.

No comments: