Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Who Embarrasses Palin More?

Sarah Palin goes on the Hugh Hewitt conservative radio show for an interview. Here is one of the tough questions:
HH: Now Governor, the Gibson and the Couric interview struck many as sort of pop quizzes designed to embarrass you as opposed to interviews. Do you share that opinion?

SP: Well, I have a degree in journalism also, so it surprises me that so much has changed since I received my education in journalistic ethics all those years ago. But I’m not going to pick a fight with those who buy ink by the barrelful. I’m going to take those shots and those pop quizzes and just say that’s okay, those are good testing grounds. And they can continue on in that mode. That’s good. That makes somebody work even harder. It makes somebody be even clearer and more articulate in their positions. So really I don’t fight it. I invite it.

So Couric asking which newspapers you read to get your information is a pop quiz question? Talk about lowering the bar. Then she tells us she "invites" interviews with people such as Gibson and Couric? Since when? When will these interviews with jounalists like them actually occur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couric should have used the question I always use when one on those over zealous wing nut job starts insisting that I don't know scripture.
I always ask them something pretty basic:

In which book of the bible is the story of Noah's ark?

My personal sampling so far is that 11 out of 11 gave me the wrong answer, and none said that they didn't know. Two wingnuts insisted that Noah's is in the New Testament and knew Jesus. Oh brother, I guess the self righteous missed the part about striving to be humble. Kinda like Sarah!